Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Time Off Was Needed

The trip to Cincinnati was real good. I got to see people that I care about and it was just an all around good time. During my vacation, I played absolutely 0 poker. It was a much needed break because things were not going my way before the mini vacation. After being soul crushed that I lost the prop bet, I proceeded to go to the outlets and buy some clothes. Msusyr24 and I talked about stopping the frivolous spending but I felt terrible that day and wanted to look fresh later on that night. It felt good getting some new threads especially to look fresh to death later on in the evening. Now I have purged myself I will working on the frivolous spending. Of course Msusyr24 bought the sickest watch I have seen, he said he forgot about the convo and was setting a bad example lol.

The same day, I was able to have an im conversation with TheLipoFund. This is rare because this fool is always playing hella tables. He has some of the biggest swings of anyone I know and I asked him point blank how he deals with them. He gave me an honest reply of by not caring anymore. This is the mentality that I definitely need to have. I was getting so caught up in the emotions of the game that I think I was putting too much pressure on myself to succeed. I mean I have a full time job I do not depend on this income at all. I am thankful that Lipo talked some sense into me.

Last night I grinded and had a good +1k day. Those days always feel great especially when things are not going well for you initially. I was getting killed earlier in the session and even lost a hand KK vs KK vs 95 sigh. After that happened, I just closed my eyes, took a couple of deep breaths, focused my consciousness on the present and making good decisions. I also looked at some positive thinking quotes during one of my breaks to make sure my head stayed in the game. Definitely proud of the way I mentally handled the session. I also was able to rail vertek to a win in a 180. He was so short and out of nowhere start pwning and won it. I was joking and saying that if he won I would cut my comp off because he really came from such a short stack. Good thing I didn't because I was still going strong in my tournaments. Will be putting in more volume today because it will be a joke if I don't hit 1k games played this month.

I am also posted this Michael Jackson video of him doing the robot. Man MJ was so talented and he was killing the game with this. I am sure Daleroxxu will appreciate it C'mon Son GTFO here wit dat bullshit!

No comments: