Tuesday, February 2, 2010

January Results and Rambling

January was a very interesting month. I feel like I am learning a lot from the coaching and doing better with push shove and icm but the results don't show it. I mean I know that I am playing my A game but clearly I don't make up with this in volume. I had to humble myself and just play the $12's and only play 12 tables. I thought that I was able to get good reads and play to the best of my abilities. The only bad thing is that my volume was so low from just doing that. The results are below. I mean they are pretty meh but thanks to my horse stepping up and putting in some volume my month looks a lot better.


Besides that, when talking to my coach he really expressed shot taking. We did the math and it was astronomical the number of $12 you get when you when a $36. I mean really, I am in a perfect opportunity to shot take. I don't depend on this money from month to month to live so why wouldn't I shot take. I need to break out of my nitty shell and play higher. I think I can easily bum hunt the $2's but I just don't want to. I want to be a good winning player in the $12's and higher. I mean how good you think Jordan, Lebron, Tiger, Phil Ivey, or Melo would be if they just played scrubs all day they would of never elevated their games and got better. That's just something I am thinking about and hope to execute it this month.

I normally hate February but slowly I am trying to shake this off. I really want to make a lot of positive life changes this month. I mean there are so many things that I think I need to do better about and I will be putting those into goals. Plus, I saw a recent picture and was disgusted and how fat I am starting to look so something has to give. I probably am going to have to pull the trigger and pay $400 for the chef to make me dinners and lunches and I think it will help me stop spewing money and fast food joints. I just have so much going through my head and suck and expresses myself ugh. Anyways here are the goals for the month.

Feb Goals
1. 1k SNG's
2. GET MY FAT ASS TO THE GYM AT LEAST 1x per week. I would prefer to do 3 but f me lets get the ball rolling.
3. Stop eating out so much.
4. Say something and keep my word. No I am not a shady person but I say stuff and don't always do it on the day I say I will. Pretty much working on being more prompt with shit.
5. Waking up on time and keeping to my schedule. I saw Msusyr24's schedule in excel and it was very visual. Maybe I need to make something like that to make sure I stay on track.
6. Keep accurate records. I think I need to do a better job of tracking my expenses, horses action etc, but just need to be more organized.

I plan on posting my schedule and goals all over my apartment. I am hoping that by seeing this stuff everywhere I will actually get my ass in gear. I am just very frustrated with myself as a person right now and know I need to make changes.

On a side note I did donate $100 to the HaitiFund on Pokerstars. It was matched and stars said they donated a little more thant $1.4 million which is a lot. Classes start agaain this week and with a short month I can't be fooling around. I guess when I feel like I can express myself better I will right more but to now that's it. I mean I have always been a very private person holding everything in so meh baby steps.

wbmustang

1 comment:

Alexander Carr said...

I need to do a lot of the same stuff as you do. Working out, eating better, and one I have been putting off FOREVER is tracking expenses and my horses etc. I just spend whatever and invest whatever and don't really keep track. I hate how disorganized I am with that stuff.