Saturday, January 2, 2010

December Results and 2010 10 Ninja!

This month has been a tale of two storms. As I said earlier in this blog for my first like 500 or so games I was on a sick heater. There is no better feeling than running like Usain Bolt when you are playing online. You just feel like no matter what happens you will win. AA vs 22 it's all good my deuce is coming. Unfortunately heaters don't last forever. I ended up on like a 2k downswing at the end of the month. Although normally I would complain my ROI was still at like 55% for the month of December so it's whatever. It was my best poker month and I played all 180's so that seems like I will stick to those going into next year even though the variance is just crazy.

Personally, I learned alot about myself and poker this year. I thought I was going to be like last year and just crush but that wasn't the case. Maybe some of it was due to me not concentrating while I was playing and being on autopilot but it showed in my results. Sure I can say I ran bad too but I don't think I was doing everything to put myself in the right situation to succeed. I feel like overall I am a lot more comfortable with my play in 180's and getting better with my play postflop. Of course I have the occasional slip up but for the most part I am happy with my progress in this game. I still need to finish out this prop bet with vertek and thought I could do it in December. Well I started running bad and now he has a little bit of a lead on me. I won't let him win I will make it as tough on him as possible.

For 2010 I have a lot of goals and aspirations that I want to right down so hopefully they become true. First I would like to make 40k+ playing poker this year. I know a lot of people are gonna be like wtf you barely made 10k in 2009. Oh well I don't care I am aiming high and I think I can do it while playing the 180's. Another thing I want to do is make sure I play nothing less than 1,500 games a month. It's been tough trying to find balance but at the end of the day if I don't put in volume I won't make money bottom line. I also want to start venturing in 6 max cash and dibbling and dabbling in it. I think your potential earn is higher but I at least want to win money and stack up playing sng's. I also want to make sure that I am at 200lbs or below for my birthday. That means I have to get off my lazy ass and start working out. Lastly I want to make sure I stay on track with grad school. I got an A in my first class so hopefully I can keep my momentum going. I am posting my results, sub par at best sigh, below and my graph of the month. I am really looking forward to 2010 and am proclaiming this my break out year in poker. I also would like to say I appreciate all the support of my friends/fellow grinders in 2009 and look forward to meeting a lot fo you in person in 2010.

Goal Cliff Notes:
Profit:40k+
Games Played/month: Nothing Less than 1500
Learn 6 Max Cash NL and PLO
Get down to 200 lbs
Keep on track with grad school
December Results
2009 Results

1 comment:

Alexander Carr said...

good luck in 2010 man. you can do anything you set your mind to.