Monday, December 28, 2009

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Well, I had a good Christmas and for the most part I am happy about being back home. It is kind of funny being back @ home because now my parents can tell me what to do and I have to do it. I miss my freedom so much. It was also tilting me because I was trying to 12 table on my sisters mac laptop and my mom kept trying to be a facebook stalker and have me look at everyones photos ugh. Oh well it is what it is but now back to Sunday.

I woke up and felt good and watched the 2nd half of the Manchester United game. Ship it they win 3-1 so I was like alright I am going to have a good day. Wrong wrong wrong. I proceeded to bleed away money. Not really but I did lose a little over $300. It's just so frustrating. I mean I knew I was on a heater and ran way above expectation for like the first 500 games of the month and that a downswing would happen but not like this. I am on like a 2k downswing but really can't complain because I am up close to 4k on the month. But when talking to some people they say that it is completely standard. I believe it too because I look at other grinders graphs and that happens too. I just have to grind out of it.

Also, the Broncos and the Nuggets lost. It was a terrible day for Denver sports and now the Broncos need some luck to get in the playoffs. Well first off they have to beat KC, not a given because we are playing so bad lately, and then the tie breaker scenarios kick in. TBH I don't know all of the scenarios but it is sad. This is just like last year where we were close to the playoffs before an epic collapse. Oh well it is what it is at this point.

This morning I woke up at 5 am and really wasn't tired so I proceeded to read this good thread on 2p2. Boywonder, who is a 6 max cash game player, had a well and he talked about some of the things that make him successful. His posts were very inspirational and thoughtful but I am sure to take the advice. It seems like a lot of people have the same beliefs about being focused, thinking clearly, etc when playing it's just about executing. Here is the link http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/54/poker-beats-brags-variance/destroyed-3-6-time-move-up-graph-286574/. Even though it's a long thread, it is a really good read.

Today I will be going up to the mountains to go play some live poker. I probably will be playing $1/2 and move up to $3/5 if I run good. That's all I got planned for today. This week I plan on grinding more so I can get out of my downswing but other than that keeping it low key.

wbmustang

2 comments:

Alexander Carr said...

Glad you posted this. Reading now and it's very good so far.

And yeah you know it, just plug volume and you'll be fine. Don't even sweat the results. Sweat your volume :)

SithLord said...

yeah. bump on that thread months ago. very inspirational. as a matter of fact the forum sig I used on PTP is boywonder's quote also I have it "sticked" in my desktop and always read the quote before I start session.