Wednesday, December 16, 2009

He's On Fire



Well I am in a catch 22. I started this blog so that I could document the ups and downs associated with poker. Last month, I was focusing on the psychological affects of being on swings and losing. This month however, I am on a ridiculous heater so far. The reason I say it is a catch 22 is because I really don't like bragging or borderline jinxing myself :-p. I mean sure I got swagger and I can be cocky at times but for the most part I am a humble guy. I don't like to flaunt my success in people's faces all like that because I think it is unnecessary. I feel like I am playing very good poker at the moment. Although I may be making small mistakes I try to catch, I think for the most part I am playing my best game right now. It is showing in the results below because obviously I am crushing. I try to keep a level head with it and keep hungry, keep studying, and not being complacent. The problem with a lot of poker players is that they get good results and get complacent thus prohibiting their progress in the game. Well, I am trying really hard not to do this. PortlyPig and I have something setup where we review one HH of each other a week so that's just a little trick that helps.

Congratulations to vers! He ended up finishing 5th for €22,000. This is a great score but he went out in the cruelest of ways by losing AA to QT. To make things worse, it was to a drunk spewtard at the table. I was paying attention to the web updates and it seemed like the guy that sucked out on vers was a huge fish. Oh well that's the nature of the best. Skill can take you only so far but even a monkey can win in a MTT. I look forward to seeing more live scores from this guy he is a good player and it is long overdue.

In terms of me, I got about a week left before I go home form Christmas. I am trying to grind enough so I won't have to worry about playing at home because of the pressure I get. However, I might have to bend my rule when I go back especially if I am in close enough range for top 200 on the TLB. I am hovering around 186 and although it is a longshot, it would be nice to finish top 200 to compete for the PokerStars Passport promotion.

Also, I am proud of my fellow poker players doing their parts to make a difference in the world. Msusyr24 ran a very good Toys for Tots promotion. He raised over $1k and did a good job of promoting his events. Although I didn't play in a tournament, I donated a little money towards his cause. Reasons14 is also doing a good job with trying to get the GrindForAmy thing up and running. I keep joking and telling him I am gonna stop donating unless Amy gets some photos with some black kids :-). In 2010 I have to think about what I can do to benefit the community. Maybe some community service or something but I am sure I will figure it out. That's all I got for now tell next time!

wbmustang


5 comments:

Alexander Carr said...

omg you told me you were running good but I didn't realize THAT good! That's sick man.

Daleroxxu said...

only 111% roi? is that all? come on WB, come on son!

i really wanna play NBA jam again. i used to always go the bulls with pippin and that specky guy

wbmustang said...

Dale I hear that NBA Jam music in my head. You should dl it since you have the emulator for it :-)!

Unknown said...

wb,

Awesome results man. I actually was on a 180 with you a few days ago, not sure if you notice. I believe my all in preflop push with 77 was less than your A8. I would never win that right now.

I put up a recent post that sort of analyzed some results during the past week. I played about a 120 tournaments the past week. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I'm not sure what "good" results would be on this type of format. I'm just kind-of analyzing progress based on my level as I go along.

Cheers,

-bag

Unknown said...

Meh in case you forgot:

http://baglifepoker.squarespace.com/

By the way my real name isn't BRANDON that's fake lol. Stupid google log-in.

-bag