Monday, December 21, 2009

Discipline Lapses AKA Tilt

The heater has come back to earth but I really can't complain because now my ROI is at like 70%. I have been playing regularly but it seems like every once in a while I get stubborn and have lapses in my discipline. These lapses in discipline usually comes from not wanting to fold hands. Sometimes I feel like Daniel Negreanu, no I am not comparing my stellar play to him, but sometimes I know what my opponent has and I still feel the need to call a bet on the river. It's something that I usually am good about but on Sunday I was really bad about. I can't complain about Sunday especially with the way I played. I was down like -$162 but trust it could of been much worse. I got to a couple of final tables at the end of my sessions and ended up minimizing my loses.

The thing about discipline lapses and being a calling station can all be quantified as tilt. Most people think that tilt is when you go nuts just playing any hand, coming up with retarded lines and raising where you know it won't work, or just being maniacal. After listening to various podcasts, like Deuces Plays with Bart Hanson which is the nuts, tilt is defined as anything that is not your A game. Well when I am being a calling station and not folding when I should this clearly goes into this category. I need to really start doing the breathing exercises during my sessions like Tommy Angelo reccomends so I will be concentrating more on what is going on.

Either way I really can't complain at all. I am very happy with where my game is going and playing very well, when I am not being a calling station. I will be leaving to go to Denver on 12/25, yes on Christmas day flights are cheaper and I waited to the last minute, so I will be trying to get my volume in so I can relax at home. Maybe I can just look at some deuces cracked videos or something with my time off.

My ultimate goal is to finish up the month > 5k and I think it is obtainable just gotta concentrate and put in GOOD volume. I remember my post not too long ago that not all volume is good volume. Well that's all for now till next time.

wbmustang

No comments: