Monday, January 11, 2010

Keep The Day Job

The second that I think that I want to play full time for my job I am happily reminded why I have a day job. Also, it makes me respect the players that do it for their sole source of income that much more. I can't even begin to explain how I feel. I had a coaching session last night with my new coach and it went well. Gave me a chance to grasp new concepts and think about things in a different light. For the most part, I am playing good but missing spots here or there. The spots I am missing are not terrible but each mistake could mean more chips gained. We also talked a little about the variance in the games.

1000 game break even stretches are not even unfathomable just a part of the game. I just need to keep plugging volume. Geez that sentence gets old but it's the only way you will make money in this game. When I bored I also look at other top players and the variance they deal with. I guess it is just mind boggling to know that even though you are +ev you are going to have stretches like this. If anything I am just freaking crushed. I was so close to finishing off the prop bet with 20k and the doom switch hit. It's so annoying, everything I get close to some milestone everything hits the shitter ugh.

Today I have a doctors appointment so that will be interesting. I have long thought that I have some type of sleeping disorder/ADD so I will see what's going on. It's pretty hard for me to stay focus on stuff and my mind just wonders. Even when playing sessions or at work my mind tends to wonder when I am doing different things. This is probably the reason why I am writing this post now lol. Either way good luck to everyone on the tables. Will try to update from now on 2x per week.

No comments: