Monday, June 15, 2009

Plugging Leaks

Late last night, I went over some HH's with Reasons14. It is amazing how good he is with knowing ranges in different situations. He really studies hard and it shows because he can break stuff down and know exactly what ranges you need in each situation. Then there is me, I definitely have a good idea bout what ranges I need to shove but more often than not I am a feel based player. I keep saying that I want to get to the level where I am sick good with identifying what ranges I need and when but its kind of hard for me especially trying to balance things.

We found some leaks that I do have. I am not going to put my business out there about what leaks were found but I am going to work hard on fixing them. I think the best way to do this is to cut down some of my tables. I am going to start 14 tabling instead of playing 18 to work on fixing my leaks. I mean my leaks are not huge but every little bit counts. Especially for me, because it seems like I am basically going through like a 2k break even stretch although it might be less but that's what it looks like on Sharkscope.

Balance!!!! I know I wrote something about this a while ago but it is so freaking hard for me to find a balance between poker and actually having a social life. It's bad enough I go to work from 6:00-2:30, although I am very thankful to have a job, and then get off and start grinding. Plus people really don't even know the hustle/struggle it is being an SNG grinder. I mean my friends would look at me crazy if I say uhh sorry I can't go out to have drinks I am grinding. Plus, you never know what experience that you are letting pass by. I knew that playing a lot more volume this month it was going to be harder for me to balance thing but it is good. I need to find out how to fit all of this in together. I like poker too much and I want to be successful too much so I know I need to figure out how to squeeze in volume. At the same time I know you have to be a well rounded individual so I guess it is like a work in progress.

I am happy because I see 1k games played in site but I am not happy with my profit margin. Oh well at least I will have a bunch of fpp's.

wbmustang

No comments: