Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Better Days

I had a good day playing today and actually won money. I don't know what happened but, Reasons14 was railing me and I was listening to The Diplomats and I went on a pretty sick heater. I was running so good it was unbelievable. I felt like I could of shoved ATC's and still won against AA. I absolutely love that feeling when you are on a heater. It's so hard to explain but you almost feel invincible like you can't do anything wrong. Even if you do something wrong, you always feel like you are going to hit that gin card and suckout.

I have actually put in a lot of volume for myself this month. I am pretty impressed too because I have just been pushing myself. There have been times where I felt like I ran like complete dog shit and I still find a way to keep on playing and staying on top of my game. It's not easy but still I grind.

It's crazy how far I have come in the time I started playing these SNG's. I remember where I only use to play one table at a time and was biting tooth and nail to cash. I always use to laugh at people shoving and was like oh I will wait to crack them. Funny how the tides have turned because now I am 18 tabling and I am the one shoving. Although I feel like the games have gotten harder, I still feel like I can be +ev and make money if I just put in the volume. I never realized how much volume I didn't put in and how small my sample sizes were per month. This month has also taught me how much I actually need to play to put in that required volume. I guess that makes no sense at all but you really don't realize how much you have to grind until you set a goal start reaching it and realize you put in mad work.

I need to put in some heavy games the next couple of days because I have some plans for this weekend now. I will be going paintballing for my first time on Saturday and totally looking forward to it. I am kind of nervous because I know it will sting like a mug when I get shot for the first time but I can't wait to go out there and try to light some one up.

wbmustang

1 comment:

Reasons14 said...

I was addicted to paintball since 6th grade. Just play crazy and it'l scare people and you'll have an edge...same deal as fold equity actually lol