Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!

Well obv I am super late for this post but hey what can I say. I absolutely enjoyed the holidays and had a fun time bringing in the New Year with some special peeps known as KK and friends. Either way it was just so good to get up out of this cubicle. It seems like ever since that clock struck 12 and got sober from the night before I was thinking about New Years resolutions but I absolutely suck at keeping them till the end of next year. I guess I shouldn't make resolutions that I should keep. Below are some of my resolutions:

1. Start Masters in Project Management Degree - Although I don't want to go back to school, I would be very foolish in not getting one since my company pays for it 100%. Yes this is a free advertisement for Boeing but they have treated me well thus far.

2. Get fluent in Spanish - I took three years in High School and then worked at McDonald's w/Mexicans so I was obv doing good. Then I went to school in Tallahassee, FL where there are little to no Latinos so it went downhill from there. I have the Rosetta Stone language pack cd so I should hop on that soon. I especially get annoyed with this resolution because each year I say I am going to do it and don't.

3. Lose weight/eat healthier - I know I need to do a better job in not eating out all the time and getting some exercise. Eating out everyday is costly and not good for you. So I will try to do a better job of cooking. Right now I am doing a bad job right now but I just got back in town and have not gone grocery shopping yet so that should improve over time. I also suck at going to the weight room. When I get on a roll I go everyday but I hate being so freaking sore from the first week of getting back in the gym. I guess I need to man up and stop bitching. Plus I need to snag $200 from our weight lost bet come see me Tim Ro I am already counting and spending my money from you :-p.

4. Play good poker and rape the SNG world on Stars - I feel like I have gotten so much better in the past 3-4 months when I started to take poker more seriously. It is also great to see your results paying off too. I haven't put in that much volume this month but I know I will get on it. Plus I am excited because I signed a deal w/ SNGMentors which will give me some coaching and an opportunity to look at some videos etc. Thanks to draqq, vers, and others who are going to help me crush the poker scene. Besides the SNG's I wouldn't mind a nice score in a MTT too :-).

5. Keep Family close - Over the holidays I really see how much for granted I take my family. My family has provided me with a lot and I feel like I do them so wrong by not contacting them on the regular and doing my own thing. Well, in 2009 I am going to do a better. I just never realized how good I have had it coming from such a stable family and not needing/wanting anything growing up because my parents provided me. Hell, my parents and family are the only reason I am sitting in this cubicle right now because they paid for my college.

Well those are just some of my resolutions and now time for January goals:
@ Least 500 SNG's
25-30% ROI (It worked last month)
GoldStar

These goals are pretty liberal but hey whatever works maybe I will exert myself more next month but I need to see how much time I will actually have especially since my grad school classes are going to be starting this month and they take place on the weekends :-s.

I wish I could go back and review 2008 but I really don't like to dwell on the past. I am just happy and blessed that I graduated, got a good job, and now I am starting to crush in poker. I know I keep repeating it but there is no better feeling than going from a losing/break even player to making a decent income in a year. Thats really all I have on this post before I go absolutely insane so at the bottom I am going to post my results for the month. It was a pretty ballar month IMO and it could of been better if I didn't cool off towards the end of it. Oh well I can really whine but thats life :-)! I hope everyone had a great 2008 and will have an even better 2009. Since I am back in Seattle look forward to more updates @ least 1-2 times a week.

wbmustang



1 comment:

Reasons14 said...

I think its at least 750 12/45s for gold star. So unless you are secretly planning to mix 27s, up the volume yo. Im with you on a lot of your goals though. I got pretty good at spanish from working at a deli for 2 + years and i think i am taking a class for it this semester. Gl on your masters start, hope that works out well for you