Sunday, January 11, 2009

I HATE VARIANCE

I told myself that I would never do this but this is the only place when I can can get something like this off of my chest. The Manchester United vs. Chelsea game is at halftime so I have a little time to blog while the Red Devils are up 1-0. It is crazy how much PokerStars has dookied on me this month. I am going through a major downswing right now. I know I really can't complain about the situation because I have had two very good last month but still like wtf is going on. I have been looking at some stuff in SNGWiz but for the most part it just seems like my huge hands are not holding up or my QQ vs. AK or JJ vs. AQ is not holding up at the final tables or just crippling me right before the final table. I know its kind of naive to always think I am playing @ 100% and its all luck which has caused me to dive into SNGWiz more. I do not study in SNGWiz enough at all. It is such a freaking trend. I feel like I play well forget about studying and only look @ SNGWiz when I am on a down swing. In order to make myself play as best as possible I need to find more times to study or find a way to review all of my session. I know when you get into a funk you can get into a period where you are studying to much but I know I am far from reaching that point right now. All I can do is just play through this patch of variance and try to aim to get GoldStar that I never get. The crazy thing about it is that when I am losing it drives me to play more even though there should be no such things as streaks ;-). Reason14 gave me a good quote about that I should have saved it because it is true. It was basically talking about how there are no such things as streaks and that they are only created in the mind. Oh well maybe the next time I blog I will be able to have it. Until next time GLORY GLORY MAN UNIIIIIITED!

Oh yeah watched the 2nd half of the game and it was quality. United ended up winning 3-0 so I won $20 on a bet. It would have been $25 but I bet $5 there would be only one go so I will take it. Now back to poker played around 55 games still ran like garbo. The end of the session I got a 1st and a 2nd so there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Also I looked at my stats and realized that I am running 25% over my last 1,000 games. Even though I know I have to look at the big picture it still sucks running so bad. Oh well I reviewed the 55 games and still confident. Here is to a positive blog about a heater coming soon :-)!

wbmustang

2 comments:

Reasons14 said...

[x] dookied


I know what you mean man. I think the most important thing in swongs is to NOT change your already winning game and just play on through it. Sometimes players will convince there selves they are playing bad, change the game they play, and just further plunge into a downward spiral. Studying is obv good as well all need to do it. Just know that you are playing well, look at your graph, then look at a fish's graph, and smile. Peace

vers said...

making videos and doing hh reviews worked the best for me