Wednesday, April 8, 2009

March Reuslts, April Goals, and More!

Well March again was another trying month. I am happy because I actually reached GoldStar but sad how my profit ended up for the month. It seemed like the month was going so good then out of no where I hit a downswing. I guess I just have to get used to it. It's so frustrating when you think that things are turning the corner and then you get totally pwned. I guess that is variance for you but it really hurts. I ended up making around $812 with a measily 10% ROI. I guess I should stop complaining because I wasn't down for the month but really I do expect more from myself. To be honest I thought that this year was going to be my break out year in terms of poker and so far it has not panned out this way. Oh well this is only the end of the first quarter of the year and I still have three quarters left to play. Sorry I had to put in a cheesy football reference in on this blog. Either way I guess I can say that I am happy with the amount of volume that I put in this month. 758 games played is not bad at all and I long for the month when I actually hit 1k games played which I think is doable since I am playing more tables and I got a new monitor and just have to put together my computer finally. When I look back on this blog years from now I am just going to cringe about how I say I am going to do something and then don't do it. I guess like that one post said I am just a man of excuses :-p.






April should be a good month but unfortunately my grad school really with start this month towards in the end of April. I can't say that I am all too thrilled about it but I know that it is necessary in the long run for my professional career. Besides that I am going to try to be hardcore and put some tough goals on myself. Hey shoot for the moon and if you miss you will land in the stars. Heare is a list of my goals:

-1k games played
-25-30% ROI
-Update blog more

Obviously the VIP Status will take care of itself if I put in the volume which is why I did not include this month. I am happy with the way my game is progressing and just waiting for the results that I expect/deserve. Even though that sounds kind of cocky I don't care because @ this point that is how I feel.

In terms of life and what not everything is cool. I finally got a 23" Samusung monitor on a sweat deal and I have all of the parts to my computer. Now all I have to do is just put it together which I plan on doing this weekend. Probably Sunday so I can keep myself entertained and not play poker on Easter. Everyone and their mom probably knows by now how my Broncos how just been torn apart. I mean yes Jay Cutler is a cry baby, yes we got a lot for him in draft picks, but how did Josh McDaniels come in here and just mess everything up is just beyond me. He had one job to do which was shore up the defense now we need a qb because I am not convinced that Orton or Simms in the answer there. I mean I think these guys can manage a game but being Pro Bowl calliber I do not see. I guess it is better to have an overall better team and a good qb rather than a Pro Bowl QB and a suspect team. I mean at least that is what I keep telling myself. The Nuggets are doing good and are in position to be the #2 seed in the West. That is definitely suprising and I hope they lock that up and actually get out of the first round of the playoffs this year. Manchester United have hit a little bet of a rough patch but I know that they will pull out of it and win the EPL and Champions League.

I was going to make another post about this but hopefully I can write this and no one will read it. Right now I am struggling with the concept of the value of a dollar. I mean yeah I make good money, yeah I make money playing poker most of the time :-s, but I am kind of calling myself out for not saving like I should and being frivolous with my money. I kind of have the mentallity that when I leave this earth I will not be able to take anything to heaven. With that being said why act cheap. I am not gonna say I go out getting bottle service every night but I do need to do better. I have a gym membership which I don't use, a Netflix membership that I will start using more when my computer is built, and I spend way to much money eating out and drinking good when I go out. I dunno I guess it comes with growing up but I need to do something. I made a budget for myself when I started working and I tottally don't use it @ all. I mean don't get me wrong I have alright contribution in the 401k and do like $100 a week in my savings account but bottom line I think I can do better. I don't want to be the person saying wow I worked x amount of years and have nothing to show for it. I mean hear it is year 1 down and I am not 100% sure if I have anything to show for it. I got some things in my apt but it is not where I want it to be. Meh let me not start because it will be the LONGEST post ever. Good luck to all my other buddies with their goals and see you @ the tables.

No comments: