Sunday, March 22, 2009

Running Better

After a session with vers and reviewing tournaments critiques I have posted, I have been running a lot better and back to where I was before my swing. I am pretty happy about it too because I think I have been putting in a lot of work. Like I have said before on previous posts, there is no better feeling than getting results after putting in the work. While doing these things, I figured out another thing that I was doing. From time to time, I kind of get myself getting cocky and running on autopilot on SNG's. Well, although a lot of peopel talking stuff about how easy SNG's are to play and it only becomes a shove fest I don't think that is neccesarily true. Sure we are kind of playing a little dumbed down because not having to play flops, turns, and rivers like in cash games but it is still one big problem. You are constantly having to think about ranges what range of hands you think this person will be pushing with his stack size, etc. etc. It's these types of things that I think I was slipping for a while and not really thinking everything through. I have to realize I must have to mentally play through EVERY single hand/situation and not just coast through my SNG's. I guess its more of like a life leak. Sometimes I can just walk around and not put 100% of my efforts into something. Although think I am playing poker 100%, I think I need to go that extra and make sure I play 100% mentally and always thinking about the situation. I think that this will greatly help my game and help keep me on point more. Even knowing all these things, I know I still have some leaks that I need to plug. I won't put all my leaks on blast on blog so people can use them against me :-p. But please believe I am trying to plug them. Although, I probably could put everything on this blog because no one reads it anyway.

Oh yeah I almost forgot to mention. I was interested in the Dang brothers because I have heard and read some stuff on them but there interview on Mediocre Poker was real legit. They seemed like cool down to earth guys and they were talking about some good tidbits of information about ranges and stuff. I probably will start listening to some more of there shows on there like the one they did with Phil Galfond.

wbmustang

No comments: