Friday, August 1, 2008

Ship The 1k Month

Well I actually was able to secure my first every 1k month of playing poker. I was hoping I would actually significantly crack the 1k mark but I didn't run the greatest the past couple of days and had to settle for $1,001.37. Although I am mildly complaining, I will take it seeing that it is my most profitable month of playing poker. I really hope that this mark doesn't spoil me and maybe I just ran insanely good but honestly I fell like I can do even better next month. The first session I played yesterday was for like 3 hrs and really couldn't get anything going probably down a little or break even. Then I pulled up my pokertracker and saw that I was short of 1k so I played untill I got it just above it. One hand that really made me kind of mad was at the final table when I finished 8th. A bigger stack that had me covered went all in and I called with AKs and he had J3o. I lost to a straight on the river so that would have put me up closer to 1.1k because I would have had a lot of chips and think I would have won the tournament. It also didn't help that my friend Byron, who I have known since 3rd grade, was in town so I didn't want to be rude and play poker while he was here.

Man its kind of crazy to think about how long we have known each other. He was basically the first person I met when I moved to Denver, CO in the 3rd grade. It's always funny that I say 3rd grade and never remember the actual year that I moved into Denver,CO. Oh well, we were just playing xbox 360, watching movies, and clowning about old times. When we were talking about stuff when we were growing up it was kind of funny because it lets you know how long you have known each other for. It's always good to see Byron and we have a blast whenever we get together.

Below are the graphs for the month of July. The low volume on some tournaments is because I accidentally registered for them and decided to play them out. Earlier in the month I was also trying the $3/18 but didn't like them all that much. I would also accidentally load regular speed $5/45 man and those are terrible because they take so long to complete but oh well.
I have also figured out my goals for this upcoming month. I plan on reaching SilverStar VIP status for the month of August. Normally this wouldn't be this hard but, I will be going to Vegas for like 3 days so that might hurt me a little bit. With working full time, I have to play whenever I get free time so that I can reach this goal. Beside that, I plan on making at least $1k next month. Hopefully next month I will be talking about how I made 2k and that is my biggest month. Till then be easy!

wbmustang

No comments: