Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekly Blog

It has been almost a week since my last update so I felt it was necessary to update my blog. I am running a lot better from when the doomswitch hit me on pokerstars. Downswings are the absolute worst they making you question everything about your game. I was thinking about how maybe it was a bad shove here or misplayed hand there but it was just natural variance. The downswing had some effect on my life too. I mean I wasn't out there slappin chicks and being grumpy but I could tell that I was not my normal self. Oh well that is all in the past and now I am actually up on the month. Its funny because even with my large downswing I have still made more this month than I did when I was playing the single table tournaments.

This weekend was busy but not so busy. On Friday I decided to stay in and grind online. Even though I didn't think I would be able to, it looks like I will be able to hit SilverStar before the end of this month so that is also good. On Saturday I ended up going to a MMA Fighting event. It wasn't pro or anything but there were a total of 13 fights on the card from various skills and various types of fighting. The mixed in some MMA, kickboxing, and regular boxing. All in all it was a good time and got to see some people get choked/knocked out. Big ups to Javon Curtis for winning his fight, I know he is not reading this but he still deserves his props.

The rest of the week I will be trying to reach SilverStar while actually going to the gym. I worked out 2x last week and thought that it was a decent start even though I only went twice. On a side note only 6 more days until I am 24 years old. Yikes but at least I am not dead or in jail like the majority of blacks in America :-(. I just want to make it to 25 so I won't be a statistic. Till next time!

wbmustang

No comments: