Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Heater Over

Well, my heater is finally over. I can't really say that I am even that angry as it makes me hungrier to get out of the variance patch. During my heater I think I was playing good but also getting extremely lucky. I didn't play as much as I should have this weekend because I actually decided to do some stuff on the weekend. On Friday I saw The Dark Knight and I really think it is the must see movie of the summer. Heath Ledger did a very good job of playing the joker and the movie always had you thinking about what would happen next. Saturday, I just ended up going to this NSBE (National Society of Black Engineers) bbq in Bellevue and then being an old man and felling asleep early. This weekend is pretty wide open besides Wednesday so I will end up playing a lot this week and weekend. I am noticing that I have some small leaks in my game during late game with my shoves so I am trying to fix that. I feel like sometimes I am getting too shove happy and playing too fast instead of calming down really thinking about each situation. At the same time, I don't want to tighten myself up where I get to the final table short. I am also working on better analyzing and thinking ahead on streets during hands. I hear it all the time on Cash Plays with Bart Hanson and other people have said it but I am really going to try to up the level on this. I think doing these things will not only make me more successful in SNG's but in poker in general. I am hopping that I will be able to move up to the $12's by the beginning of the month and that is the goal that I am shooting for right now. Looking forward to more success and showing you guys some graphs at the end of the month, that is if anyone really reads my blog :-p.

No comments: