Thursday, July 17, 2008

First Big Purchase

Well, I finally broke down and made my first official big purchase since I have worked for Boeing. For some reason I can be a total nit about saving money then out of nowhere I feel like I have to buy something. I have done my research and decided to byy the 42" Vizio VS42LF 1080p TV. I was looking around and it seems like Vizio will give me the most bang for my buck. On all of the forums they say that the tv is very good and the color and clarity is comparable to upper brand tv's like Pannosonic and Samsung in side by side testing. Although I haven't even really seen the TV in person, I feel that I have actually done enough research and looked around enough to make it the correct purchase.

As for poker, I have been putting in some volume but nothing hardcore. I am still trying to figure out what type of schedule I need to run to accommodate my life. I have come to the conclusion that I want to play at least 20 hrs a week but need to figure out how to utilize all the time in one day. Its really hard for me to do thing because after work I just wanna sit at home and relax. I am cramped up in that cube/factory all day long and feel like an uncaged animal after I get off of work. Maybe that is a little extreme but, I would rather be doing something else besides working 8 hrs a day. Either way, I am pretty happy about my play as of late and just need to hit a little bit of a hot streak. It seems like when I play there are times right before the final table where either one of three things happen. Either I get sucked out on when I am a huge favorite and get crippled and then bust, lose a coin flip and then best, or run one of my shoves into a big pocket pair and get smacked in the face and then bust. I dunno maybe I am being stupid and actually not realizing that thats poker and thats the life for the 45 man sngs. I moved up to the $6.50's and have a 16% ROI over 34 games so obviously I have some work to do. Right now I am really happy that I have switched from STT's to MTT's because I already see that they are way more profitable.

wbmustang

No comments: