Wednesday, August 25, 2010

No Traction

It seems right now I have no traction. One day I win around $400 the next day I lose $300. It's all good it just feels like I can't get any traction going this month. Although I don't know how much I can complain. I mean I am up money and know that I am running bad late in the 180's by either not having my big hands hold or shoving and someone waking up with a monster.

However, this stretch has made me look at my game and seek out other players to do some reviews with. That is always a good thing. I mean poker is such a psychological game it's ridiculous. One day you can be playing so well and crushing and the next you can be playing well and just run like death. SNG's are all about REPETITION and it's hard for the psychi to think you are doing things correct but you are still not getting the results. That's one thing you have to do is stick to your game. Sure you can make some adjustments.

One big adjustment I need to make is refining my ranges at 45 man final tables. I think I have gotten far too gambly and I blame that solely on the way that 180's play. I need to make a concerted effort to analyze the whole situation before making my moves. For the most part I am good at this but sometimes I have a mental laps and either call or shove and then realize oh snap that was a 45 man table.

"You plug the volume the money will come". I think it was PortlyPig or MSU that said that and it is true. I just need to work on getting in volume. It's hard though especially in the summers in Seattle. There are only so many months of good weather and after that it sucks so gotta take advantage.

Outside of poker I have started to play basketball one time a week as well as playing softball. Everything is going well but I need to do more work outside of those days to get back in shape. The only thing that sucks is that my knees start to get stiff on me if I give them a rest in between games. I am contemplating purchasing some knee braces to help with this issue.

wbmustang

No comments: