Monday, July 27, 2009

Missing Out On Money

Well, I have decided to stop being a little girl and start playing the 180's. I have always been turned away from the 180's because of the variance but you know what who cares. I think I will be pretty +ev and already have a pretty good knowledge for push shove decisions so it shouldn't be that much of an adjustment. I have already started studying some HH so it should only be a matter of time before I start hopping in those games. I just see players like jontsef crushing these games and I know he is pretty good but at the same time, I think I will be alright at these games and probably just throwing away free money. Hopefully this will also increase my ROI and hourly which will be nice. I just will need to suck it up and play through the swings.

I guess even though the money in my stars account does not contribute to my life roll I am still kind of nitty. This is kind of bad because I remember Assassinato saying when you don't have that big of a bankroll you can be kind of wreckless and when you have a bigger roll you want to protect it. I am still trying to run my bankroll up so I think I have it padded enough to take the variance. The plan for now will be to finish out the month playing the 45's then next month load in the 180's as I am playing.

I have kind of cooled down poker wise. I was running pretty hot at the beginnning of the month and now running just ok. Can't complain much because I am just sitting at home clicking buttons on a computer making money but oh well. Hopefully I can finish off strong and get started on my new challenge, pwning the 180's.

3 comments:

Alexander Carr said...

Good luck with the 180s. The variance is def way sicker, but as long as you are studying and stuff you'll win in the long run.

riskyrain said...

Yeah definitely good luck to you.

Though, I don't think you're "missing out on money" by not playing the 180s--you already play 45mans, so by playing more 180mans, you'll be playing less 45mans... thus yes, you'll make more money in 180s, but less in 45s.

Though it's good to change it up for sure.

Alex Fitzgerald said...

180s was where I really took off two years ago. Starts giving you the fundamentals for MTT play. It also keeps you at the computer longer because you're authentically excited playing for slightly bigger paydays. glglglgl man