Tuesday, February 10, 2009

January Results, Feb Goals, and Life

Well this post is pretty late and I haven't really posted on here in a while. I really have no reason that I have not posted this month besides the fact that I am lazy and procrastinate so this is what I do. January was definitely a humbling month in terms of poker. I felt good about myself because I was fighting through downswings and pretty much just grinding. I felt that my game was getting better I was just running bad in certain spots. I mean I really can't complain because I was crushing the past two months but it sucks so bad to run bad. Looking back on it I think I may of overrated my game just a tad but I am taking the proper steps to be more humble, study more, and always learn. I think the key in grinding SNG's is just knowing that you never have it 100% down. There are always things that you can do better. I think it is kind of funny when people say that SNG's are solved and that there is no edge in them. For the most case I think that is true for when you get in higher limits but even if the game is solved people still make a lot of mistakes and don't do the proper things. I was really proud of my self because there was normally a call that I would make but I really couldn't because there was someone so short and just had to flat out fold 99 but it was worth the second place money. Well to cut from the bs I made GoldStar but lost -$99 last month. It was my first losing month in a while but really don't care either way. I need to think about poker as a long term game even though I set monthly goals :-p. I will post the stats below so you see how I ran. It happens I guess but I am sure I can overcome it. I am really comfortable with my sessions with sngmentors so I am sure that my game is improving and the results will show if I run good.

As far as Feb. I really have to think about my goals. I have two trips planned which is the All Star game in Phoenix and the following weekend I will be going to Vegas. That takes out like 6 days out of a short month so I will only have 22 days to play. My goals are as followed:

1. At least 500 SNG's
2. ROI 25%-30%
3. Study More
4. Make another video.

I really need to work on 3 and review more of my sessions because sometimes I think that I don't review enough of my sessions. I think making the video will be easy enough and it should be better this time. The first video I made I was a little bit nervous and I didn't want to make a mistake but I am over that bs now and will just play.

Life is life I guess. I went through a little rough patch at the beginning of Feb and it came out of nowhere. I don't know if it was the weather of what but I somehow just wasn't feeling good about myself. I felt that I was not advancing in my career and just naturally not advacning as a person. I dunno maybe a little bit of this also came from the fact that my grad school got postponed so I kind of felt like I was in a stagnant state. I am all good now though. The next day I snapped out of it because I was telling myself that I need to stop feelling sorry for myself and that I need to just be thankful for being alive, having a job, and being able to do what I like. I mean I hate the fact that I feel so restricted working this job in the cubicle but I am happy to have it especially now when the economy is so bad. Add on to that I can get off of work and play when I want to so I guess life is not that bad. The only thing that I have to do is make sure that I balance my poker life and my personal life. It shouldn't be that hard I just need to take more initiative to not being so dang lazy. I promise I have to be one of the laziest people that I know but I am working on getting better. I know this post is mad long but thats what I get for not blogging in a while. Hopefully I run better in Feb. its Black History Month so I have to run good obv.

wbmustang



2 comments:

Reasons14 said...

At least 750 sngs to keep gold star imo. Grats on getting through the patch

wbmustang said...

I think I will reassess once I hit 500 if it is feasible.