Monday, October 27, 2008

Weekend

This weekend went good in terms of poker and life so I really won't be ranting on this post. On Friday I did my first session with my coach. We went over my early game play which is alright cuz its kind of easy for me to be a nit early on in tournaments. As the session went on, I was making good reads and got my money in good everytime just to get murked by PokerStars oh well at least I know I am doing something right. I ended up down on the session but felt good about what I did. Saturday started off kind of bad because my work team lost our flag football game. Although I had a pretty baller half which included a couple of big catches and a one handed TD grab we still lost. Oh well we are a bunch of engineers and now I see why we go to work in this cubicle on M-F. I pretty much chilled out the rest of the day on Saturday and ended up taking it easy kicking it with some coworkers. On Sunday, I decided that I was going to start playing some poker again. At first I wasn't running the best but when my coach started ghosting me I did better and ended up having close to a break even session if not down 1 to 2 buy ins. I think when my coach was ghosting me I saw that my mid/late game needs some work which requires some studying in SNGWiz. I was putting myself in positions where I have like 6bb's which is still a lot of FE and I was just shoving wayyyyyyy to light but I think I got it under control. The mini ghosting/coaching session really opened my eyes as to why we shove instead of just shoving just to be shoving. I am really trying to work on figuring out ranges for people so that I can truly use SNGWiz. I did a little bit of studying last night and felt that went alright as well. I will probably do the bulk of my studying on Wed so imma try to at least study 2-3 hrs to make sure that my game is improving. I know this post sucks because I don't know what the meaning of paragraphs is but hey at least I updated the blog.

wbmustang

2 comments:

riskyrain said...

hey thanks for visiting my blog. I'll add you to my blogroll. you're in seattle huh? what kind of engineering work do you do?

vers said...

I was starting to wonder if we were staking you but I guess not. Sry that we decided to not sell memberships to sngmentors/access to the vids, we just figured it's not rly profitable long term to give up so much of our game for a small monthly profit. Hope things are going well tho.