Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September Update

As always it has been way too long before I have updated this blog. I always think about updating it but don't sit myself down to actually type it. About a couple of weeks ago, my family came into town and I couldn't have been happier. It was the first time my mom and dad actually came out to visit. To be honest it kind of hurt my feelings a little bit but once they explained I felt like an asshole. I mean my sister is in a good college that they are paying for, they go out to visit and check up on her, they are busy with work, and the world doesn't revolve around me. Oh well it is what it is and now I understand and just happy for the visit. They are very happy with where I am at in life and where I live. I was pretty happy too. I mean I have to show them that they didn't just waste money by paying for me to go to school and it payed off with an engineering degree and good career start.

Sometimes I just think that college is a big scam though. Maybe because I think about what a huge investment college is. I mean everything in life has a ROI. It's just ridiculous how low the ROI for college is. I mean we have people who will major in God knows what at a good school, get consumed in student loans, then graduate and try to find a job that pays $40k unless they are an engineer, good business student, or IT/Computer work. It's just a big joke. Why are people paying ridiculous amounts of money on loans to just come out making money and hoping to scrape bye. It just is mind wrecking.

I guess that's part of my America conspiracy theory lol. I mean you get yourself into debt trying to get education. With education comes a decent job. Now you are making more money than the person who has just a high school education so you get taxed more. You are talented so you make more money and you are taxed more. Add onto that the fact you are still paying off government/bank loans for school. It's just a viscous cycle. I don't want to talk shit about anyone's interest or major but it's like if you are not gonna come out making decent money after college what's the point. I mean money isn't everything but geez you just are so handcuffed in that situation. I just think that the USA needs to be paying more money for teachers, counselors, etc to help build itself up. I mean people who teach really really love it and have a passion for it. They have to because they aren't getting paid jack and still putting in all the time and effort of teaching and bringing up the next generation. Then people complain about the shortage of teachers. Duh who wants to teach, work all those hours, and not have anything to show for it. How about increasing salaries/incentives to teachers so attract more people to the profession. I know you are gonna say wb who is going to pay for this. I don't care about all that the fact is that the people that should be getting the money are not.

But I digress. I have been doing pretty good with my diet and fairly good with my Insanity workout program. I have missed some days due to being busy but hop back on it the next day. Sometimes life gets tough but I am not going to give up my goal of finishing the program. I have lost 6 lbs in the first week of doing it so that's a plus and I will continue pushing myself.

In terms of poker volume I need to pick it up or will be paying the piper on this one. I plan of putting in some bigger sessions at night for the rest of the month. Hopefully I can play 6-8 hrs a day until the month is over. Trying to go out with a bang.

Reasons14 also has got me to order the book "Peak Performance Poker". It should be in my mailbox today and look forward to reading it. Probably will try to read it at lunch at work so I can finish it. I don't have any trips planned which sucks because plane trips are an easy way to catch up with your reading.

Other than that life is great and I couldn't be happier. Just trying to keep push myself towards my goals.

Till next time

wbmustang

No comments: